Creative Producer - Director
@ Some Spider – fast-growing digital media start-up
New York City (Flatiron)
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now building out our creative team, and looking for an exceptional creative talent who will join us on our mission to reimagine video/visual storytelling.
• Work as part of the video unit to conceive, write, produce and direct original comedy series and shows
• Invent new video storytelling techniques optimized for mobile and social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube
• Continually push to evolve video content and approach based on data, user input and instincts
• 3 years’ experience producing and directing digital video
• Strong background in developing creative concepts for original online video, including branded video
• Ability to optimize video storytelling formats for various social platforms
• Proven aptitude for directing talent and crew on-set and overseeing post-production to final cut
• Degree in TV/Film production or related field a plus