Motion GFX Designer
@ Some Spider – fast-growing digital media start-up
New York City (Flatiron)
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now building out our creative team, and looking for an exceptional creative talent who will join us on our mission to reimagine video/visual storytelling.
• Work closely with video unit to conceive, design and animate graphics for video content – e.g., text, illustrations, bumpers, bugs
• Manage and deliver on motion graphics projects for short- and longer form editorial, sponsored and branded video
• Build both one-off custom graphics and templated graphics packages that can be reused
• 3+ years’ experience with motion graphics, typography, design, and animation
• Strong demo reel of your work
• Obsession with trends in mobile/social video design and consumption
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven team environment
• Fluent in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Have worked in media/entertainment or advertising industries
• Experience working with digital brands aimed at millennial demos
• Video production, editing, and post-production experience