Senior Production Assistant
@ Some Spider – fast-growing digital media start-up
New York City (Flatiron)
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now building out our creative team, and looking for an exceptional production assistant who will join us on our mission to reimagine video/visual storytelling.
• Accompany shooter and producer on tech scouts
• Oversee audio and lighting equipment on-set
• Create call sheets and obtain permissions
• Assist producer and editor in finding music and special effects
• Source props
• General admin including maintaining gear, managing props and handling logistics
• 2 years’ experience in video production
• Experience with audio recording equipment and lighting a must
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Degree in TV/Film production or related field a plus
• Good vibes and play nice with others
Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (bonus)