Social Video Editor
@ Some Spider – fast-growing digital media start-up
New York City (Flatiron)
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now building out our creative team, and looking for an exceptional video editor who will join us on our mission to reimagine video/visual storytelling.
• Edit short and medium length comedy, branded and documentary video for social media
• Based on creative briefs, your editing prowess will elevate the story to a high level of engagement, humor and shareability
• Overlay motion graphics
• Execute on short timelines
• Handle revisions from client for branded video
• 3 years’ experience as an editor
• Obsession with social video, including best practices across social platforms
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Motion graphics skills a big plus
• Degree in TV/Film production or related field a plus
• Good vibes and play nice with others
Send reel and specify your role on three projects that best demonstrate your strengths as an editor.