@ Some Spider – fast-growing digital media start-up
New York City (Flatiron)
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for a thinker-maker with a hyper-collaborative and just plain scrappy can-do attitude. Candidates must have a passion for media, the latest related technologies, and enjoy defeating challenging problems.
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Test interfaces in multiple browsers and devices
- Triage incoming issues and assist editorial team in finding workarounds when needed.
Good To Have:
- 1+ years programming experience
- Experience with online advertising technology
- Ability to share knowledge with people of various technology skill levels
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with WordPress, MySQL, AWS, and related technologies and web services
- Experience working on high traffic websites
- An interest in media and how people use and consume information